What is a Beard Restoration ?
A beard restoration or transplant is a lifesaving solution to overcome genetic and other factors that caused the loss. It does wonder for thickening up facial hair. The procedure includes picking up a patch of hair from different body parts and transplanting it onto your face where the beard grows.
Beard restoration methods have improved significantly as professional beard and hair transplant facilities keep improving. You have a say to choose precisely the type of beard you wish.
Types of Beard Transplants:
The two trusted types of beard transplants are Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT). Both techniques are similar in that surgeons remove hair from the donor area.
● FUE Beard Restoration: In the FUE transplant technique, individual hairs are grafted from the donor skin and assembled on a larger area. It leaves only white circular scars on the skin. Every surgeon has their way of picking follicles, but usually, one of five follicles is harvested.
● FUT Beard Restoration: A FUT transplant involves taking a small patch of hair-bearing tissues from the donor area with a microscopic dissection. The surgeon then closes the cut, leaving only a single, beautiful scar behind.
The FUE procedure is not very time-consuming compared to other hair transplant techniques, as it takes 2-5 hours. It will leave only tiny circular scars where hair follicles are removed. Some clinics carry out this procedure manually, while others use mechanical aids. This type of transplant has a higher success rate and faster recovery time than other options. People who undergo it report little or no discomfort.
The FUT procedure takes slightly longer (both to perform and recover from) than the FUE beard transplant. But it has an advantage as it generally results in a fuller beard because more hairs are transplanted overall.
Advantages of Beard Restoration:
Why should you go for a beard transplant and facial hair restoration? Let's have a look at some pros of the beard restoration:
● You Get the Beard You Always Desired to have: We're not just talking about a full, thick beard in this modern age of advancement. You can also choose your beard style and how you want it to look. Have a look at pictures of different types of beards online or get inspiration from someone ideal you already have in mind. Your surgeon will do everything to transplant hairs that match the ideal.
● Be More Attractive to Your Love and Look Trendy: Embrace the change within you, and it's not bad showing it off. Because after growing bearded, you will receive more attention from the opposite sex. Studies show most women like bearded men and find them attractive. Beard implies the strength, intelligence, and confidence. So, this has many benefits.
● Minor pain and minimal recovery Time: The incisions made on your face are so minute they don't hurt more than a small prick. You can take a sick day for the transplant itself, taking up to five hours. After that, you must face a few days of slight swelling and redness. After that, it will be fine in a few hours after treatment.
● You Can Shave usually, and according to the Style You want: Your new hair follicles are permanent grafts so that you can shave and take care of your beard just like anyone else.
Alternatives to Beard Transplants:
Perhaps you've done the research and made your choice regarding beard transplant options. But, you should always explore and approach other options that are as feasible as a hair transplant. To your amusement options are available that are less expensive. These are:
● Minoxidil (Rogaine): It is also known as Minoxidil and is perhaps the most common among other products. It has another name Rogaine. Minoxidil has FDA approval and showing great results as many people reported its results.
● Beard Growth Supplements: Beard supplements are vitamins that help boost metabolism in a way that helps increase beard hair density and growth. A beard supplement will generate new hair, but it will aid. Essential supplements are biotin, Vitamin C, and zinc.
● Lifestyle Changes: Your health matters significantly in your beard thickness and volume as a healthier man means a healthier beard. So, make sure a nutritious diet, enough exercise, stress relief, and quality sleep can help a lot.
● Hormonal Therapy: Your thin beard could be a result of hormonal imbalance. Consult a qualified medical person who may prescribe you hormone pills. There are some health risks and limitations associated with hormone therapy, so make sure you are consulting the right person for it.