Hair transplantation has recently been widely used for cosmetic surgical procedures. Hair transplantation has a minimal complication rate compared to other cosmetic surgical procedures. However, if proper attention is not given, it may cause severe problems. But there is a very rare chance of complications, and all are less severe and controllable complications.
What to Expect ?
The process of recovery and result can differ among patients after hair transplant treatment depending on the surgical procedure performed, the anatomical structure of the person, and many other aspects.
- Immediately after the Treatment: You'll have a bandage on your donor part and perhaps a headband over your forehead to prevent swelling on your face. You will see tiny scabs and red holes in the donor area on the recipient side, which recovered within 15 days.
- Post-op Complications: After the hair transplant procedure, you may experience mild swelling, scratching, and slight discomfort for a few days. Such reactions can be minimised by the doctor's prescribed emollient lotions, ice application, or other symptomatic medications.
- For the Next Few Days After Treatment: You need to start a post-op hair wash method; in our clinic, you will also have the first quick hair wash. Our specialists will recommend medicated hair shampoo and lotion for the next 15 days and explain how and when to wash your hair. Washing can support the healing process and help to remove the scabs.
- Re-Growth: The newly transplanted hair will start to fall after 4 to 5 days of the procedure, and this will persist for an initial 2-3 months. After this, new permanent and thick hair will start to grow. The re-growth rate will accelerate in the 4th month, and you'll see half of the result within the 6th month and will begin to notice some significant improvements.
- Final Results: You'll see the outcome of your hair transplant treatment in 12-18 months. Your hair will look enhanced, longer, and thicker.
Do's and Don't After Hair Transplantation
After the treatment is done, the patient should come home and relax. And must limit his activities to avoid any complications. However, the precautions depend on the method -which hair transplant treatment you have used. Here are some things that you should do after the procedure.
- Do sleep with your head elevated at 45 degrees
- Do take enough magnesium, vitamin B, and calcium
- Do special wash and special shampoo gently
- Do apply ice to your forehead for 15 minutes every 2 hours to avoid face swelling.
- First 10 days are important to avoid any head injuries
- Don't exercise for one week after the procedure.
- Do drink alcohol and avoid smoking for five days after the surgery.
- Don't drink excessive coffee; it may lead to high blood pressure and then bleeding
- Don't lift weight for 10 to 14 days after the procedure.
- Don't take sand baths and sauna steam for at least three weeks.
- Don't do anything that causes sweating. Sweating may irritate the transplanted area
- Don't pluck the transplanted roots if you feel discomfort
- Don't use hair dryers or warm air for the first two weeks
- Sexual intercourse is prohibited for three days
- Don’t use a shaving machine or razor for a haircut for 40 days
What to Do If I Encounter any Infection After Hair Transplant
The infections rarely occur in Hair Transplant Surgery. After treatment, avoid all types of dirt and bacteria, or avoid doing routine activities for two weeks after the surgery. If there is necessary to do something outdoors and in a dirty environment, the hand should be sterilised to mitigate the risk of getting the area infected. Also, do not touch the donor site or the implanted follicles. Inform the doctor immediately in case of any discomfort, redness, or swelling in the treatment areas.
- What Are After Hair Transplant Medications?
Aftercare products for hair implants may include antibiotics prescribed to minimise the risk of post-surgical infections and painkillers to relieve pain in the initial days after surgery. According to the doctor's prescription, you can use your medication, such as Minoxidil or Finasteride and daily shampoo for hair maintenance and growth.
The performance of a hair transplant treatment is not linked with surgery, but it is significantly affected and relies solely on the actions after a hair transplant. The aftercare kit that we provide to our patients after the treatment is free of charge and carries all the medications and products required for immediate post-op care.
When you reach our clinic for your hair restoration treatment, our specialists will examine you thoroughly and discuss all vital elements of the treatment with you. They will design a personalised treatment plan specifically for you according to your needs and further will tell you which procedure will suit you best.
Until now, Pure Line Clinic ® 's expertise has worked with thousands of patients from all over the globe. Experienced Surgeons and well-trained staff will treat you. With our quality, guaranteed services, and affordable prices, you can achieve your dream of thick and healthy hair. Here at Pure Line Clinic ®, we use new hair transplant techniques and the latest technology, so book your appointment with one of our best hair surgeons and take the first step toward the dream you always wanted to achieve.
In general, a hair transplant is a safe surgery, however like with any surgical process, there is always a tiny risk of: bleeding. infection. a hypersensitivity to the anesthetic.
It is important to get your hair transplant performed by a qualified and reputable hair transplant specialist if you want it to last a lifetime.
Discover the causes, prevention, and treatment of acne after hair transplantation in our informative guide. Learn from Pure Line Clinic ® experts about managing post-transplant acne effectively and promoting successful hair growth.
Some patients might begin to worry if the scabs after a hair transplant don’t remove after a few days.
Finasteride can be used to regrow hair and has been found in clinical trials to be useful in enhancing hair growth. According to one study, 66% of males saw an increase in hair growth after taking Finasteride for two years.
Most of specialists will advise you to hold off wearing a hat or cap for at least ten days. Your transplanted grafts must root in the balding areas for 7–10 days.
Creatine is utilized in hair strengthening treatments. But, does taking creatine make you lose your hair?
We understand that deciding to undergo hair transplant surgery can be a big decision, and you likely have many questions. That’s why we’ve curated this guide to provide you with answers to the most commonly asked questions about hair transplant surgery.
In the changing world conditions, there is no need for the clinic to be nearby for a hair transplant consultation.Pure Line Clinic ® provides this process remote for you free of charge.
Hair transplants can perform in many different methods. The microscope method means analysing the most productive and healthy hair grafts under a microscope before a hair transplant and planning the operation accordingly.
Celebrities are not exempt from balding and hair loss. Some of the most well-known celebrities have had hair transplants to restore their natural hair.
Ladies can also go through hair transplantation at the Pure Line Clinic ®. It is usually possible to have a hair transplant without shaving.
Have you recently spotted a bald spot on your head? Are you concerned that the spot will develop and cause you to go bald? Do you try to hide it with a typical comb-over? Do you want to know how to recover hair on a bald head?
Steve Carell has had a hair restoration treatment, and he had it many years ago. When we inquired hair transplant professionals about Steve Carell’s great hair, we discovered that he had FUE hair transplant operation in 2006.